My name is Alejandro Barreto and I was born in Spain but I am of Venezuelan upbringing and roots. I formally started in this world from the age of 15 by enrolling in a school where I could finish my High School graduating with a special mention in computer science.
From there it was love at first sight, I fell in love with technology and programming.
The first language I learned back in 2002 was Visual Basic 6 thanks to an excellent teacher named Wolfgang Dominguez, however, this was only the beginning of an unattainable search for knowledge of more and more programming languages.
In which I have learned endless technologies such as:
- Microsoft: Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic .Net, ASP .Net 2.0, C#, ASP, SQL SERVER, T-SQL
- Oracle: JAVA 1.4.2, JAVA 1.6, MySql, Oracle Database, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, BI Publisher, Weblogic, Oracle Access Manager (OAM), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle Internet Directory (OID “LDAP”), Oracle Aplication Server (OAS, OC4J).
- Otras tecnologías: UC4 (Appworx), PRO*C, Basic-ANSII para IBM4690, Shell script, PostgreSQL, XML, Vagrant, Git, Subversion (SVN), Apache, PhoneGap, Cordova.
- Manejadores de Contenido y Tiendas: WordPress, Joomla, Magento.
- Apple: SWIFT, Cocoapods, Carthage, Alamofire.
Thanks to this, I was able to successfully develop my professional career in different types of Businesses, achieving with this knowledge and capacity for action for any challenge that has been presented to me.
To cite a few cases, I have worked in the maintenance and development of large applications such as: Mi Movistar Online Massive (Telefónica Venezuela), Profit Plus Administrative 7.0 and e-Profit (Administrative software from Softech Consultores) and finally the Oracle Retail and E -Business Suite (in the largest retail in Venezuela “Central Madeirense”).
This allowed giving way to new knowledge in team leadership and implementation of team management through methodologies and concepts such as: Scrum, Kanban, ITIL, StrengthsFinders, Scrumban, BPM (Business Process Management), Emotional Intelligence, Project Management according to the PMI (PMP).
Currently I work as a consultant specialized in different technologies while I invest a little of my time in gradually capturing the knowledge that I have been acquiring throughout my experience in this field.
That is why I write about different topics and not pigeonhole myself into just one, in such a way that you will find endless articles related to the following topics:
- Project Management: agile (scrum, kanban, xp) and predictive (PMI/PMP, prince2).
- Management, leadership, Emotional Intelligence, Frameworks (BPM, ITIL)
- Oracle, Oracle Retail, E-business Suite, PL/SQL, SQL, MYSQL, POSTGRESQL
- Free software, linux in general, Ubuntu, Debian
Something that characterizes me is perseverance and the desire to learn, which is why I am constantly studying new trends and technologies that allow innovation and continuous improvement as the basis of our society.
I share some links where you can find more information about me: